Board Seat Availability
The Nebraska Board of Geologists (the Board) will have a board seat availabile as of February 28, 2020. Interested persons may complete an Executive Appointment Application at https://governor.nebraska.gov/board-comm-req. If anyone has any questions, they can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-471-8383. Here is some basic information on the Board:
- The Board consists of seven members, six professional geologists and one public member, which are appointed by the Governor to five year terms.
- The Board currently meets once a quarter in January, April, July, and October with additional meetings scheduled as needed. The meetings are typically held in Lincoln at the Board office.
- The Board is currently reviewing the Geologists Regulation Act for possible revisions and preparing a bill for introduction during the 2021 legislative session. If pursued and enacted, revisions to the Board’s Rules and Regulations would follow.
- The Board belongs to the National Association of State Boards of Geology (ASBOG) which is the national organization of licensing boards. They are responsible for developing and administering the FG and PG exams as well as assist the boards in promoting licensure. An annual meeting is held, usually in November, to which the Board typically sends at least one member and the administrative assistant.
- There are two Council of Examiners (COE) Workshops held yearly by ASBOG in connecting with each of the exam administrations. These are typically held in April and November. The Board is committed to sending at least two member to each workshop.