The Board consists of seven members appointed by the Governor. Six are licensed professional geologists with one being an education member, and one being a public member at large. Each member serves for five-year terms.
- Andrew E. Grimm, Chairperson, Public Member, Omaha
- Charles Joyce, Vice-Chairperson, Omaha
- Dr. Harmon Maher, Jr., Secretary, Education Member, Omaha
- Douglas Hallum, Board Member, North Platte
- Martha Link, Board Member, Lincoln
- Ralph Martin, Jr., Board Member, Lincoln
- David M. Svingen, Board Member, Omaha